Kiwi Campervans Terms & Conditions 2018
This document is an agreement between Kiwi Campervans (the Operator) and the Hirer whose particulars are recorded in this agreement. It is hereby agreed that:
1.Daily Hire Rate:
This is calculated on each calendar day, not 24 hour day, minimum 7 days (Xmas/New year/High season minimum 21 days). Unlimited km and GST Tax included. Insurance is extra.
2. Hours Of Operation:
High season: (01 Sept- 15 April)
Public holidays 10:00am-3:00pm
Low season: (16 April- 31 Aug)
Monday – Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm
Weekends and public holidays: 10:00am-3:00pm
Kiwi Campervans are closed on the following days: 25th December and the 1st of January.
3. License And Drivers Requirements:
All drivers must be 21 years of age or older and have 3 years of driving experience.
An international or country of origin license is acceptable. No special license is required to drive any Kiwi Campervan or motorhome in New Zealand.
A maximum of 2 drivers may be driven during the term of hire by the persons named in the contract.
4.Payments And Deposits:
To secure the booking, a non-refundable deposit of NZ$ 500 is required. The deposit may change if the booking is through an agent of Kiwi Campervans.
The balance of the payment for the hire and additional reservations is due 28 days before pickup by EFT or credit card.
The Hirer agrees to pay a bond equal to the applicable insurance excess at the start of the hire which will be refunded once the Vehicle and its contents have been returned in the same condition as when hired, to the agreed location, on the agreed date. The bond will be reduced rateably and proportionally to allow the Operator to put the Vehicle and/or its contents back in the same condition as at the start of hire.
- If the Hirer cancels the booking the following fees apply:
- 21 days or more prior to pick up 20% of total rental will be charged.
- 10 days or more prior to pick up 50% of total rental will be charged.
- 7 days or less prior to pick up or No show or cancelled on the day: 100% of total rental charge.
- Cancellation of the hired agreement, immediate possession of the Vehicle and access to enter any premises to remove the vehicle without notification to the hirer will take place by the Operator in any of the following circumstances:
- The hirer fails to comply with any terms of this agreement
- Damage is done to the vehicle
- The hirer obtained the vehicle through misrepresentation or fraud
- The hirer sublet or hired the vehicle to any other individuals
- If a vehicle is returned early for any reason there is no refund available.
- Late returns will be charged at double rates plus costs.
6. Extra Fees:
- If the vehicle is not returned in a clean state as it was supplied, a fee of NZ$100 will apply.
- Vehicle collection on Public holidays will incur a one off fee of NZ$50 to be paid at pickup.
- If the toilet is not returned empty a fee of NZ$100 will apply.
- If the waste tank is not retuned empty a fee of NZ$100 will apply
- All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank at the end of your hire. If the vehicle is retuned without a full fuel tank the hirer is responsible for the cost to refill plus a fee of NZ$25.
- All Kiwi Campervans vehicles are smoke free and if any evidence is found against this policy a fee of NZ$100 will apply.
7. Road Restrictions:
All Kiwi Campervans hirers are permitted to drive their vehicle on any road in New Zealand except for the following, which are prohibited:
- Ninety Mile Beach – Northland
- North of Colville Township – Coromandel Peninsula
- Tapu-Coroglen Road – Coromandel Peninsula
- Skippers Canyon Road – Queenstown
- Ball Hutt Road – Mt. Cook
Kiwi Campervans reserves the right to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Please note that if these road restrictions are breached, all insurances will become null and void and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of any and all damages incurred.
8. Traffic Infringements:
Speeding Fines, Parking Tickets, Unpaid Toll charges, Free Camping fines and all traffic infringements are the responsibility of the hirer. Kiwi Campervans will charge the hirer’s credit card using the bond imprint given to cover the cost of the fine, plus a processing fee of NZ$50. In the circumstances of credit card failure, or no credit card is supplied then Kiwi Campervans reserves the right to pass on details of the hirer’s home contact to the New Zealand Traffic Authorities at a fee of NZ$50. The Operator may charge an administration fee of $35 in addition to the infringement fee.
9. Credit cards
Visa and Mastercard is accepted for the deposit and bond. Cash payment (NZ$) is also accepted.
A bond of NZ$2500 will be held against your credit for any unfortunate accident, damage, traffic fines, cleaning or breakages.
11. Hirers obligations
The Hirer shall ensure that:
- all reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the Vehicle;
- the Vehicle’s coolant and oil are maintained at the proper level;
- the tyres are maintained at their proper pressure;
- the Vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use and the Vehicle keys are kept secure. The cost of replacement keys and related services (for example courier costs) is at the Hirer’s expense.
- the Vehicle is not interfered with or modified without the prior permission of the operator.
- should a warning light be illuminated or the Hirer believe the Vehicle requires mechanical attention, s/he must stop driving and advise the Operator immediately.
- The fuel and freshwater tanks are filled with the correct liquids.
- Animals, except for registered guide dogs, are not permitted inside the Vehicle. Any evidence of animals having been in the Vehicle shall incur a cleaning fee of NZ$500.
- Operators obligation
The Operator shall supply the Vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, up to the current Certificate of Fitness standards.
- The Operator shall be responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of running the Vehicle during the term of the hire except to the extent that by the terms of this agreement those costs are payable by the Hirer.
- If the reserved Vehicle is not available for reasons outside the Operator’s control, then the reserved Vehicle may be substituted with a comparable or superior Vehicle at no extra cost to the Hirer. Such Vehicle substitution shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the Hirer to any form of refund. If no substitute vehicle is available to the Hirer, the Operator’s liability shall be limited to a refund of the hire charge in full.
- Mechanical repairs and accidents
If the Vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the Hirer shall notify the Operator of the full circumstances within 24 hours in order to give the Operator the opportunity to rectify the problem during the period of hire. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of contract, and may affect claims for compensation.
- The Hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the Operator’s authority except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the Vehicle or to other property. If the Vehicle is damaged to the extent that it cannot be driven, the Operator shall endeavour to exchange the Vehicle. Provision of an exchange vehicle is subject to availability and Hirer’s location.
- If mechanical breakdown is caused by the Hirer, the Operator shall be under no liability to provide compensation, otherwise the Operator’s liability shall be limited to the refund of hire charges for any full days of vehicle use lost due to a mechanical breakdown. No responsibility for out of pocket expenses, accommodation charges or meals resulting from a breakdown or accident will be accepted.
- The failure of accessories such as radio, heater, and water heater do not constitute a breakdown. The Operator will endeavour to facilitate on-road repairs however should repair not be possible or fail the Hirer will not be entitled to a vehicle change or compensation.
- The Vehicle is registered for 24 hour roadside assistance. This service is free for faults with the Vehicle.
There will be a call out charge for:
- a) Hirer error including but not limited to running out of fuel, losing or locking in the keys, flat batteries due to incorrect use of the Vehicle and/or its equipment;
- b) flat or damaged tyre(s) unless the Hirer has purchased the Operator’s additional insurance.
- This service does not cover:
- c) assistance if the Vehicle is unattended at the time the Service Provider arrives at the breakdown location;